Monday, June 20, 2011

A Dream is a Wish Your Evil, Sadistic Heart Makes!

Last night I had a bloody brilliant dream.  It was the kind of dream that makes you wish you could hook some manner of digital device up to your cranium and record the brainwaves for repeated future viewing enjoyment.  There’s your assignment for the day, Science: invent a DBWR (that’s “digital brainwave recorder” for you unimaginative people ;-).

No doubt the dream’s cuddly/feely subject matter had to do with the multiple chick flicks I watched throughout the relaxing day/night before because this dream had it all: hot guy who genuinely adored me, shy but cute girl who adored him back (that would be me!), amusing banter, intimate moments, a seemingly insurmountable problem conquered by an unrealistic intervention that would never really happen at such an opportune time, and at least the promise of a happily-ever-after ending.  I woke up before anything could be finalized, of course.  I tend to do that.

Anyway, in spite of any lingering fuzzy, gushy feelings, a harsh reminder of reality did manage to infect the otherwise-satisfying plot (a.k.a. the “seemingly insurmountable problem): dude was married!  This plot twist was likely lent from the day’s movie-watching endeavors as well since today’s romantic comedies/dramas almost always involve a cheating spouse or significant other at some point in the story.  But in addition to this factor, said plot twist was also an accurate expression of my reality over the last few years.  You meet a really awesome guy: intelligent, at least reasonably attractive, witty, and attentive.  By George, we could have a winner here!  But nine times out of the proverbial ten, he’s either unhappily married to a person or to his life issues. 

Why is that?  And why is it that in either situation, whether it involves another person or the aforementioned issues, both negative elements are un-let-go-able?  Being unhappily married to ANYTHING, be it a person or a problem, is unacceptable to me.  I don’t say that to judge anyone for choosing to remain in such situations.  Your life and outlook are not mine, and since I’ve yet to achieve omniscient goddess status, I shan’t condemn you one way or the other.  No, I just want to know WHY it seems best to stay miserable, whatever the logic or reasoning.  Odds are if you’re unhappy, the other person is too…so why maintain the misery?  It only creates a super-geyser of negativity spewing its poison all over the surrounding psycho-environment on a regular basis.

Arrghh…and again I say arrghh.

I’ve reached no conclusions where this subject matter is concerned.  I just dreamed a really awesome dream about someone of my acquaintance, shared sweetly romantic moments with him, felt loved ‘n safe throughout, then woke up to the apparent reality that even my subconscious is determined to screw me over LOL…at least in the harsh light of consciousness.

Oh, and that unrealistic plot twist that ultimately let me (potentially) “get the guy?”  The other girl was carried off by a random invading army of foreigners intent upon taking over my Grandparents’ house.  All’s fair in love and war LOL

P.S. I may be guilty of oversimplification...am a repeat offender ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who stays with a louse. Drunk driver, meth user, cheater, unemployed usually. I never asked her why. I assumed it was for the child they shared. Why stay together? He already ruined your credit. He doesn't have any money. I suppose she is hoping to one day unlock the man in your dream. Maybe he's in there, somewhere, lurking beneath the smell of regurgitated booze. To this day, I still hope she finds him in there.

    As for you, I hope you find the man in your dream--the man he should have been, that you do not have to unlock him. That is the ultimate boring chick flick. No drama; just love.

    ReplyDelete